GRA filling top positions

first_imgSupplementary financing approval has been given for the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) to fill high-level positions, to ensure the efficient functioning of the tax body.On Friday, November 17, the National Assembly passed the Supplementary Appropriation No 3/2017 which provided $2.9 billion for current and capital expenditures.Of that sum, $118 million was allocated to the GRA for additional employment in 2017. “There’re a total of 61 new persons that are being hired over the course of 2017. The amounts also cater for promotions and various other adjustments,” Finance Minister Winston Jordan explained.The high-level positions which remain to be filled include Comptroller of Customs and Commissioner. Over the last month, the GRA has been advertising the positions in the local newspapers.last_img read more

Children discharged from hospital following weekend Aura incident

first_imgTwo children have been discharged from Letterkenny University Hospital following Saturday’s incident at the Aura Leisure Centre.The two young boys spent Saturday night in LUH – one of them in the hospital’s intensive care unit – after an incident that saw water from the Aura swimming pool’s filtration system leak back into the pool.Six children presented to LUH with various symptoms and the two boys were detained due to respiratory issues and with irritated skin, caused by a reaction to the water. One of the boys was kept in ICU on Saturday night with the other in the paediatric ward.The two were discharged on Easter Sunday afternoon.Up to 60 children were assessed and treated on site after the incident at around noon on Saturday.Initially, the hospital’s emergency plan was put in place with staff called in, before being deactivated a short time later. Over a dozen emergency service vehicles attended the scene.Parents praised the action of staff members on-site at the Aura Leisure Centre for their prompt evacuation of the complex.Yesterday, management at the Aura apologised for what they said was a ‘misleading statement’ issued on Saturday night, which claimed that all children had been discharged.“The safety and wellbeing of the children in question is of our utmost concern,” the statement read.A parent, who was in the viewing gallery at the time, described witnessing ‘a green liquid spraying into the pool’. “My three children were in the pool and my son said he was diving when he saw a dark fluid coming out in the pool under the water,” one mother told Donegal Daily.A statement from the Aura explained: ‘An issue arose where backwash (which is pool water that is contained in the filtration system) leaked back into the pool which caused some cloudiness and gave rise to foul odours.’Children discharged from hospital following weekend Aura incident was last modified: April 26th, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:auraAura Leisure Centreemergency servicesICUintensive careletterkennyLetterkenny University Hospitalluhlast_img read more

Why 49ers’ George Kittle is defined by more than just his WWE, Panda Express addiction

first_imgIt is too early to function. The sun isn’t even up, not even close. Garrett Celek, the San Francisco 49ers’ veteran tight end, barely wills himself into his car, his body aching from yet another loss two days earlier. Santa Clara lies completely still on this mid-November morning as Celek’s white Lexus SUV begins to roll forward.But then up ahead … movement. Tons of movement.CLICK HERE If you are having trouble viewing the photos on your mobile device. The SUV’s headlights reveal a large …last_img read more

Stallion holds off Global

first_img250 enrolled at phony school arrested in immigration scam Hornets beat Pistons for 8th straight time Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students PLAY LIST 01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games LOOK: Vhong Navarro’s romantic posts spark speculations he’s marrying longtime GF “We have to go on,” said Global coach Marjo Allado. “We have to learn from our mistakes.”Global could have taken the lead in the 51st minute, but Sadia denied Mulders from the spot, after Sekou Sylla was fouled inside the area.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Sasaki gave Global the lead with a tidy finish past Roland Sadia, after picking up a through ball from Pika Minegishi inside the box.But just like its match against Home United in the AFC Cup, where it conceded a late goal for a 2-2 draw, Global couldn’t finish off Stallion. Balot Doctora dispossessed Paul Mulders at midfield to spark a quick counterattack finished off by Nierras.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting“We didn’t deserve to lose the game, considering the way we fought for the whole match,” said the Stallion goalscorer.Global was left to rue a missed chance to pick up three points although the Cebu side stayed third with four points. Man who told immigrant to go back to country asked to write essay Lillard, Anthony lead Blazers over Thunder MOST READ View comments Mauricio stuns top guns in underbone, scooter races LATEST STORIES Matthew Nierras struck three minutes into stoppage time as Stallion Laguna picked up its first point in the Philippines Football League by salvaging a 1-1 draw with powerhouse Global Cebu on Saturday at Biñan Football Stadium.Nierras, the former La Salle standout and son of Stallion coach Ernie Nierras, canceled out Global midfielder Shu Sasaki’s 84th-minute goal as both clubs got a share of the spoils in the high-tempo clash.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games: PH beats Indonesia, enters gold medal round in polo Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekendlast_img read more

Athletes raise millions for Texas flood disaster

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. “As a native to the area, I have been so encouraged to see how the locals and the nation as a whole have come together to help one another.“The NFL, at the end of the day, is a family that helps one another in times of need.”Meanwhile, Texans owner Bob McNair had pledged a $1 million donation to a separate flood relief fund, which the NFL Foundation vowed to match.Also on Tuesday, the Dallas Cowboys said that all proceeds from their NFL pre-season game against Watt and the Texans at AT&T Stadium on Thursday would go towards the disaster relief fund.Robert Kraft, the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots — who won the Super Bowl in Houston in February — pledged to match $1 million in donations to the American Red Cross relief fund for victims of Harvey.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Watt’s fund had raised $500,000 in a 24-hour period and has now surged past $4 million, Watt said on Twitter on Tuesday.The defensive star said the fundraising drive on the YouCaring.com website was now targeting a total of $5 million.“Forty-eight hours ago we set out to raise 200 grand. And now we’re over $4 million…I can’t say thank you enough,” Watt said.Donors to the fund included Tennessee Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk, who made a million dollar donation, the team said.“The flooding and devastation to the Houston area has been painful to watch,” Strunk said in a statement.ADVERTISEMENT ‘I’ll be back’ says Thomas as Celtics-Cavs wrangle Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul “Our thought are with the city of Houston and all those affected by flooding in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey,” the statement said.The statement came after news reports said that Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander had donated $10 million to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“Our hearts are heavy seeing the devastation that so many of our friends, family and neighbors are experiencing,” the Rockets said in a statement. “… Please stay safe, Houston.”Rockets point guard Chris Paul made a separate donation of $50,000 to a fund created by NFL star J.J. Watt, who plays for the Houston Texans. LATEST STORIES View commentscenter_img Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim MOST READ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters People walk through the flooded waters of Telephone Rd. in Houston on August 27, 2017 as the US fourth city city battles with tropical storm Harvey and resulting floods. AFPLos Angeles, United States — The National Basketball Association and player’s union donated $1 million to the Texas flood disaster relief effort on Tuesday, adding to the millions already raised across the US sports world since the deadly weather system battered the region.In a join statement, the NBA and NBA Players Association (NBAPA) said it was donating the cash to “bring relief to those impacted.”ADVERTISEMENT Biggest Pogo service provider padlocked for tax evasion Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Gameslast_img read more

Another guardian of Good Governance activated now

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Complaints Commission takes legal effect August 1 Recommended for you Related Items:complaints commission, cynthia astwood Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 01 Apr 2015 – Now the country has an additional avenue to file complaints which have gone to the extreme without apparent justice for the complainant. The Complaints Commission is now set up, it is a Constitutional Body, is headed by Cynthia Astwood and will begin an education campaign so the public understands its function. Astwood who gave a series of media interviews recently explained what she will be coping with as the Commissioner. Good Governance is what the Complaints Commission will be safe guarding; the newly activated Commission also has tremendous power as articulated in the 2011 Constitution. Astwood said the main goal is to resolve issues; she is also hopeful that an office can be established in Providenciales to cope with cases in Provo, North and Middle.last_img read more