Complete Casting Set for Allegiance, Starring George Takei & Lea Salonga

first_img Show Closed This production ended its run on Feb. 14, 2016 Related Shows Allegiance View Comments We now know the company that will join George Takei in boldly going to Broadway! Complete casting has been announced for Allegiance, co-starring Lea Salonga and Telly Leung. The production will begin performances on October 6 at the Longacre Theatre. Opening night is set for November 8.Joining the previously reported Takei, Salonga, Leung and Katie Rose Clarke will be Michael K. Lee as Frankie Suzuki, Christopheren Nomura as Tatsuo Kimura and Greg Watanabe as Mike Masaoka.The ensemble will include Aaron J. Albano, Belinda Allyn, Marcus Choi, Janelle Dote, Dan Horn, Owen Johnston, Darren Lee, Manna Nichols, Autumn Ogawa, Rumi Oyama, Momoko Sugai, Cary Tedder, Elena Wang, Scott Watanabe and Scott Wise.Directed by Stafford Arima and based on Takei’s childhood experience in a Japanese-American interment camp, Allegiance features music and lyrics by Jay Kuo and a book by Marc Acito. A story of family, love and patriotism set during World War II and beyond, the show follows veteran Sam Otsuka and his sister Kei as they find themselves torn between loyalty to their family and allegiance to their country.last_img read more

House calls for stronger measures following confirmed COVID-19 cases in Indonesia

first_img“Anyone who enters Indonesia must be thoroughly checked with the proper procedure […] at airports and ports. The screening procedure must be conducted in detail,” he told the press on Monday.Read also: Let’s not kid ourselves. Indonesia is unlikely to be COVID-19-free. And that’s not our biggest problem.Earlier on Monday, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced that two Indonesians had tested positive for COVID-19, which made them the first two confirmed cases of the disease in the country.Jokowi said that the two people, a 64-year-old and her 31-year-old daughter, had been in contact at an event in a club in Jakarta with a Japanese citizen who tested positive for COVID-19 in Malaysia on Feb. 27 after visiting Indonesia in early February.  Members of the House of Representatives have demanded that the government enact stronger coronavirus containment measures following the confirmation of two cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Indonesia.Darul Siska, member of House of Representatives Commission IX overseeing health, workforce and population issues, said the government, especially at the country’s points of entry, had failed to conduct proper screenings to keep the virus from entering.”It should be the government’s priority to tighten up screening and not just take some random samples. Topics :center_img Darul Siska said all people who attended the event should be medically tested.“Everybody who attended that event should be checked thoroughly. God forbid if the two patients were treated but the others spread the disease,” he said.The Golkar Party politician also recommended the government set up a crisis center to prevent further infection.Ahmad Riza Patria, deputy head of Commission V overseeing transportation, said the COVID-19 cases had put transportation authorities in a predicament about whether to close contact with other countries.“We have to make extraordinary prevention efforts by limiting border access to our citizens but at the same time maintaining communication and relations with other countries,” he said.Ahmad mentioned that Saudi Arabia had temporarily banned the entry of foreign pilgrims and tourists arriving from countries considered at risk for COVID-19.He also mentioned Indonesia’s decision to limit trade with China.“I think the Transportation Ministry has to immediately examine which flights to limit,” he said. “Later, Commission V will further discuss flights to countries that have been hit by the coronavirus,” he said.last_img read more

FL businessmen linked to Rudy Giuliani, Ukraine arrested

first_imgTwo of Rudy Giuliani’s business associates with ties to Florida have been charged with conspiracy and campaign finance violations.The Ukrainian businessmen Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained at Dulles International Airport in northern Virginia on Thursday.Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were arrested on a four-count indictment that includes charges of conspiracy, making false statements to the Federal Election Commission, and falsification of records.Parnas and Fruman were central to Giuliani’s efforts to get government officials in Ukraine to investigate business dealings by former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter in the war-torn former Soviet republic.An unnamed Congressman is also referenced in a federal indictment.A court document in a separate case alleges that Parnas and Fruman had bragged about their close relationships with key allies of the president, including Giuliani, former Trump-aide-turned Washington lobbyist Brian Ballard and Nick Ayers, who is the former chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence.Parnas and Fruman, who have been sent a letter from House Democrats last week requesting documents and deposition, along with Giuliani, recently hired President Trump’ former lawyer John Dowd.Dowd announced in a statement earlier this week that his clients won’t be able to comply with House Democrats’ request for documents and deposition.It is unclear at this time whether this will affect Trump or his administration.Related content:Report: Ukrainian-American businessmen in Florida linked to Rudy Giulianilast_img read more

Neil Armstrong should be sacked- 3-man Committee

first_imgInformation reaching JOY Sports can confirm that the 3-man committee instituted by the Hearts of Oaks Board to investigate all allegations levelled against its interdicted Managing Director, Neil Armstrong Mortagbe has recommended the immediate sack of Neil Armstrong Mortagbe.The Committee has submitted its final report and has recommended the immediate removal of the MD who in his submission to the committee admitted to virtually all the allegations that were levelled against him.Information gathered from close sources  of the club has revealed  that, Neil Armstrong has already been verbally informed of the decision from the 3-man committee and will take delivery of his sack letter on Monday evening after the club’s Board meets on Monday afternoon.A member of the 3-man committee has in chat with JOY Sports said “We have recommended the immediate removal of Neil Armstrong Mortagbe. We want him sacked because he has admitted to all the allegations which we think have brought a big shame to us as company”.Countless allegations were brought against the Hearts MD who stayed in office for less than a yearlast_img read more